RE: Adhesive Removal

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Adhesive Removal
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:53:38 -0700
> My TR3 hood/top has an old university decal on the back window.  The
> sticker peels off easily but leaves behind the adhesive which is gummy,
> though transparent (for now).
>
> What is likely to be strong enough yet not damage the plastic?  TIA

Find a computer supply house and ask for 'label remover'.  Here's one I
found on the web
http://www.datalinksales.com/cgi-bin/shop/datstore.cgi?user_action=detail&ca
talogno=LABR-3

That isn't the same brand I've tried, but I suspect it will work just as
well.  The action is pretty slow, you may have to wait a few hours, but it
will eventually soften the adhesive so it can be wiped away with a paper
towel or something.  The product was designed to remove permanent adhesive
labels from clear magnetic tape reels.

Randall