Summary of Anti-seize grease used on spark plugs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Summary of Anti-seize grease used on spark plugs
From: ebk <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 07:47:43 -0400
Hi List!
    I'd like to thank everyone who responded to my post:

Hi list!
>     I thought that this topic was lightly scratched in a past thread
> about 9 months ago, but I'm loosening it badly. I can't remember if it
> was stated "NOT" to put Anit-seize grease on the spark plug threads
> especially if it had the made-up of an anti seize material on the
> threads? As I understand, the archive list is down. I would really
> appreciate it if you would respond to me personally because I'm at least
> 8 TR Digest Lists behind in readings, &  I'll probably wouldn't get to
> reading it until another week at lease,  [:-[]   Latter! TIA,
> -Cosmo Krame

            Summary of REPLIES:
    2 people replied to 'Always' use some sort of Anti seize Grease on a
spark plug that's going into an Al Head. Sorry that I didn't state that
I was concerned with a 'Cast Iron Head'. These same two said that it
probably would be OK to use it on a Steel Head. One person had a hard
time remembering the past thread's discussion about head transferring &
sealing gasses being good or bad, but felt that, 'It wouldn't really do
any harm'. Another person responded right out & said: "Used Anti seize
Grease for 15 yr. without ANY problems & this is the best place to use
it!"    So there you have it list. ALL Responses agreed to use Anti
seize Grease on spark plugs. I asked the list to respond to me because
I'm now 12+ TR Digests behind in reading, & if you have responded to the
list than to me, then you all have more up to date info. on this thread
than I do. Thanks again to all that have responded to this thread,
whether to the list or to me.
-Cosmo Kramer