Re: [TR6: Indexing the Piper270 cam, part 2] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g5

To: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR6: Indexing the Piper270 cam, part 2] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g5CJ7R313147
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:07:17 -0400
Hi Rob. I was told going one way gives better low-end torque, and the other
way gives better peak power. Can't remember which right now. I think the
advice I got was to be biased toward being advanced. But with my gears, that
would have put me at 102 or something like that. I was also advised not to get
too worked up over a few degrees one way or the other. I can say that my cam
is timed at about 114 and the engine seems to run great with a good idle and
torque.

- Hugh