Re: Wet Run

To: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, "Triumphs@Autox Net \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wet Run
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:33:48 -0500
At 10:57 AM 6/12/02 -0400, David A. Templeton wrote:
>Listers,
>
>Had to share this ( I can smile about it now ), we took the '3 to the car
>club meeting last night and on the way home got caught in a down pour!

>David A. Templeton
>'59 TR3a - 9TS54226L ( "9" denotes the CDN import on year of mfr )
>'74 Spitfire - FM10491L

The only thing slightly crazier than that is doing it on purpose. A few
years ago Joe Alexander showed up at my doorstep in his TR3 with the
proposal that we take off for the
CART race at Road America. 300 miles away, no room reservations, sleep in a
tent in somebody's front yard, subsist on brats and beer for two days. Who
could turn down an invitation like that?

All went well -- even the trip home. It started to rain at Elkhart and kept
it up all the way home, but Joe thought that it wouldn't be in the spirit
of the thing to put the top up. Actually, we got wet only when we had to
slow down for traffic signals, gas, and beer. Can you imagine somebody
doing this in a Ferrari?