Wire harness question

To: "Cliff Davies" <c_davies@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Wire harness question
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:21:42 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Cliff Davies"
>I am in the midst of checking, cleaning and re-taping my wiring harness
for my
73 TR6. I have Dan's book in it he says headlight wires are 28 strand
(gauge).
Blue wires with white tracer, low beam, red tracer, high beam. My wires are
28
strand throughout
the harness, once they branch away from the harness to the Hlight plugs the
wires are 14 strand.
The colors are correct, is this what is known as a fusible link? or a DPO?
Restoration coming along with very few glitches thanks to all I have
learned
by this list.
<

Cliff, it is highly unlikely that a DPO would go to all the trouble of
getting the correct color wire just to rewire with the wrong gauge. Iif you
are talking about the harnesses that run to the headlights themselves then
this is normal. Since these are just short runs (16 inches or so) the
voltage drop will not be that great.  Also, these harnesses are carrying
only half the current.

Dave