Re: Shift Knob

To: avhbah@yahoo.com (Alan Hodge), triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumph List)
Subject: Re: Shift Knob
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:18:02 -0400
In a message dated Tue, 11 Jun 2002  2:23:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Alan
Hodge <avhbah@yahoo.com> writes:

>Hi List
>
>I have a nice walnut shift knob with the Triumph logo
>on it.  It looks to me like I need a hex nut on the
>shift lever so I can get the logo positioned properly.
>
>Is this the right way to do it?
>What size nut do I need?

Not sure what size, Alan. I think it's a conventional SAE fine thread -- please
don't quote me on that, though. Specifically, what you need is called a "jam
nut"; it's roughly half the height of a normal nut and is intended just for
such applications.

--Andy Mace