Idle Speed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Idle Speed
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:16:40 -0700 (PDT)
I was sorry to see Hugh Fader's correction to his running narrative about what
the hero was up to during the last episode and that a drop of 1000 RPMs (later
corrected to 100) from idle was observed when the lights were turned on.
Especially when he had previously indicated that the idle was fluctuating from
500 to 900 RPMs.  I was prepared to attribute a negative 100 to 500 RPMs to the
miraculous power of Lucas electronics to do the impossible.  Those of us with
early, non adjustable, ZS carbs can be either thankful or sorry that no
adjustment can be made to our carbs.  Good luck Hugh, it sounds like you're
about to get the mysterious ZS carbs sorted out.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR6