Re: LBC - Magnetic Attraction?

To: Chip19474@aol.com
Subject: Re: LBC - Magnetic Attraction?
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:47:12 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/10/02 8:55:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Chip19474@aol.com writes:

> I've never had any serious conversations with women
> onlookers about the Spitfire.  Interesting......I would have thought the
> opposite since a great portion of British Leyland's advertising budget for
> the Spitfire in the 60's and 70's was aimed toward the female market so one
> would think that might be an advantage!!??

Chip -
The answer is simple - its not that women are not attracted to insignificant
little toy cars like the Spit - its not even that they are more attracted to
real sports cars like the bigger TRs -
Its the unsightly tire tracks that all Spit drivers have on the seat of their
pants from sitting on the front wheels while they work on their cute little
engines  (I know you all do this because you all tell me how convenient
it is that the whole bonnet tilts forward)

Spit owners:  I'm JUST KIDDING !
(I had add that because some of these guys are SO touchy !)

Cheers
Jack Mc
pimento 73 TR6 - atrracted several women yesterday at
British Car Day South - one of them said her name was "Jade"

P.S. for Chip - when will your 76 TR6 be finished ? (then you'll be able
to put this unfortunate experience behind you)