GT6: suggestion to replace fuel line in engine compartment?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6: suggestion to replace fuel line in engine compartment?
From: "William Hooper" <rotoflex@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 05:20:42 +0000 FILETIME=[90DE26D0:01C2103E]
I had a new fuel line fabricated & installed to replace the line in the GT6
MkIII engine compartment.  The line runs from the threaded outlet at the
fuel pump to a hose near the carburettors.

The fuel line was fabricated from steel brake line, & I have found that the
union at the fuel pump leaks.  The new ferrule on the line at the pump union
is apparently smaller in outside diameter than the orginal, so the new one
goes farther into the pump than the seat for the ferrule.  The line, as a
result, can be moved in & out at the fuel pump, no matter whether it's
tightened down or not.

Does anyone know the specs of the original ferrule, if it's generally
available, will it be likely to fit the OD of whatever this off-the-shelf
steel brake line is, or have any other suggestions?

Thanks!