Tr7 Wheel offset question.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g56Jxpu27106
Subject: Tr7 Wheel offset question.
From: "Richard Schnorenberg" <Richard@logic-control.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:59:43 -0500 l.com>
Does anyone know what the stock offset is on a TR7 wheel?  I'm attempting to
design some replacement Wheel studs that will change the Bolt spacing from 3.75
inches (95.25mm) to 100mm.

My reasoning for this, is because there are an abundance of 100mm bolt patern
wheels out there to fit all the front drive cars, and even the occasional rear
drive (RX7 and Nissan 240).  With such a pletora of vehicles, I have a much
higher likelyhood of getting larger cheaper rubber under the 7.

Of course that pesky offset might be a killer.  So just how far off center is
the stock wheel?  Certianly not as far as most of the front wheel drive cars I
see rolling around, like my wife's prelude with 65mm offset.

My rough measurements say that I have 1.5 inches more offset (38mm)in the rear
capable over whatever stock offset is.

Anyone been down this road?

Richard S.
80 TR7 V6 in progress (aren't all triumphs in progress?)