TR3A what is highest pre 60000# with old body styling?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A what is highest pre 60000# with old body styling?
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 18:36:05 EDT
I was at the British by the Sea show on Sunday in Waterford, Connecticut.  It
was a great show with over 300 British vehicles and a few motorcycles.  The
weather was great, except if you had a dark car, the was covering the cars
with pollen.  One of the more remarkable cars to show up was an all original
(including paint) XK 120? being driven by the original owner.  Both car and
driver were showing their age but what a tribute the the hobby.
At the show, anowner of one of the TR3As was surprised that my commision # TS
58399 L was still the old  body style before the "official" #60000
changeover, he said it may be one of last old style bodied cars built or
possibly the latest example in existence.  My "donor" car commision# TS 59671
was of the new body style and judging by the production figures was probably
built 3 or four days later.  Somewhere in between is the oldest and the
newest.

My trivial question to the list: Does anyone have a higher number than TS
58399 L with the old body style?  Also, what is the lowest commission number
with the "new" body style.

Gary Bouffard TS 58399 L
Silverstone Grey