TR3a water pump - saga solved

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3a water pump - saga solved
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 23:45:06 -0400
Hi all,

Well, we have success!!!  After again taking it off to get ready to send it
back to the rebuilder I called a friend of the list "FT".  Within 5 minutes
we decided that the gasket was cut wrong and the two holes on the flange
were supposed to be covered by the gasket.

I made a new gasket, installed the pump again. Filled the system, no leaks.
Started the engine, no leaks. Warmed up to full temp and pressure, no leaks.

I would like to thank "FT", Randall and the list for all the help in
resolving this issue.

David A. Templeton
'59 TR3a - no leaks anywhere :-)