re: Summertime Seat Covers....

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Summertime Seat Covers....
From: Doug Hamilton <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 11:04:14 -0600
I use wooden beaded seat covers that I picked up at Canadian Tire. The
great thing about these is on the highway the wind circulates all the
way under your butt keeping you nice and cool on hot days. The set I
currently have was used for 5 years in my daily driver Lebaron
convertible they're still in good shape and did no harm to the leather
seats in the Lebaron in 5 years of driving. There are different types of
the beaded covers some are just a blanket of beads that drapes over your
seat with elastic straps to hold them in place a set of these lasted one
summer in my Lebaron then I got some that fold in half that are bound on
the edges with a cord like material sort of like a braided rug these
have about 70k miles of seat time and are still in good shape and you
can just fold them up and throw them in the trunk when you aren't using
them.

Doug Hamilton
1960 TR3A
1963 Fiat Cabriolet