Fleet week and LBCs

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fleet week and LBCs
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 23:37:42 -0400
I just saw a very fine sight indeed.

I am in Manhattan on business. So I just came walking along in Times Square
where my hotel is. Lovely soft fine evening. It seems to be "Fleet Week" (or
so I am told) and the whole area is full of various white uniforms of
sailors and officers. Along came a TR6 to a stop at 46th street right as I
was turning up 46th to my hotel. In a second it was surrounded by a bunch of
sailors. "What a great car" etc... Lots of whistles. Oh for a camera. A dark
green TR surrounded by a flock of guys in white uniforms in the middle of
Times Square with all the crowds and the electronic displays overhead. A
very pleased looking owner and girlfriend/wife (very cute). I don't know who
looked happier from the attention, the driver or the lady. Definitely one of
the best images ever. I'll bet that scene was good for one overdrive
conversion and a suspension job. (grin)

Couldn't resist connecting my laptop to the net to mention the sight to the
list. Any chance that somebody from the list is the owner? BRG TR6,
non-overrider bumpers, standard exhaust.

Mark Hooper
72 TR6

P.S.  Just saw my first DB7 (light green) driving back from the Hamptons to
Manhattan. What a car! Beautiful stance on the road. (oh for wealth!!)
Feeling green as grass myself...