Bosch Alternator in TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bosch Alternator in TR6
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 10:38:17 -0700 (PDT)
I'm looking for someone with first hand experience putting a Ford Fiesta
alternator in their TR-6.

I've gone to Napa's web page http://www.napaonline.com
and they list eleven alternators for a 1979 Ford Fiesta.

8 of them are NAPA remanufactured units.

They do list two AC delco units with internal regulators,
One is a 55Amp and the other is a 65Amp.

Finally they list a Bosch unit that is "w/ External Regulator, w/ 42, 55 Amp
Alternator, Ford Type"

External regulator?  Is that right?

I called my local Napa store and they had one kind in stock.
I had them pull at and describe it to me.

They say the cast housing has "motorcraft" on it, but not Bosch anywhere.
It is listed as being "w/ 55, 61 Amp Alternator, w/ 1 Groove Pulley"
(They have an identical one with two pulleys)

So what's the deal here?
All those Fiestas had the same engine in them . . . will the alternators all
mount up the same way?

Can I get the one that my Napa dealer has in stock . . or do I need to order
the "Bosch" unit?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Scott Tilton
Leesburg, VA