Starter Solenoid

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starter Solenoid
From: "Evans, Mark" <Mark.Evans@anheuser-busch.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 08:25:59 -0500
I have my starter solenoid (TR4A) off and wanted to clean it up before
re-installing. I want to replace the rubber button cover and the nuts and copper
washers that go on the copper posts. I got a new rubber button cover from Moss
but neither Moss nor VB list the nuts or copper washers separately and finding a
picture of anything that TRF has requires going through my historical archives
of odd sized sale flyers. Finding anything in the red price list makes my eyes
fuzzy and tries my patience.

Does anybody know the size and tpi of the nuts that go on these posts? The local
home improvement stores don't have it so it must be a somewhat odd tpi. I
suppose I could call TRF and have these items backordered ;) but it seems it
should be easier than that. I have a local Graybar Electric supply that might
help. I also need a die to re-work the threads on the posts. It seems that 37
years of starter and battery cable attachment has distorted the soft copper
posts where they are attached.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Mark A. Evans