Re: Unusual TR2 on eBay

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Unusual TR2 on eBay
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 12:10:30 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/2002 12:18:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
geohahn@ultrasw.com writes:

> A TR2 with a Ford V8, lake pipes and an automatic transmission.
> Warning, this may be too intense for some viewers...

Well, interesting, as so many of these are. I'd not heard before the story
about the "first few hundred TR3s being built with the TR2 grille" and am not
sure I buy into the story. Wouldn't it have the bright trim around some or
all of the opening regardless? Perhaps knowing the commission number would
clear up a few things about this car?

Otherwise, it mostly looks to be pretty nice and the conversion fairly well
executed (or cleaned up after by the current owner). But I'm continually
puzzled by such cars that sport "$3500 paint jobs" combined with perhaps
another $4.87 spent on hot rod flat black primer to cover goodness-knows-what
under the bonnet. ;-)

--Andy Mace

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've
got it made." -- Groucho Marx