Re: concave or convex? x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: concave or convex? x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 22:38:00 EDT
In a message dated 5/17/2002 7:54:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jburruso@earthlink.net writes:

> My question is with the TR3A.  In many of
> the pictures I've seen of TR3A's, the grille appears to be concave;
> Other pictures show it to be convex.  Which is the correct way?   If I
> didn't know better, I would say, that some people are installing it one
> way while others are installing it in the reverse.  Is this even
> possible.?  Am I missing  something obvious here?
>
> Looking forward to spirited discussions and the exchange of ideas.

...and I'm sure you'll see that. Most factory publicity photos appear to show
a "vertical" grille neither bowed in nor out. As Randall hinted at, the front
apron is a rather vulnerable expanse of sheet metal that can be difficult to
restore to absolutely "proper" shape after any sort of impact. It's all too
easy to push the top of the opening downwards, and (even with the bumper --
which bolts through the lower part of the apron -- in place) the bottom is
rather easily distorted as well by various impacts.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
 Triumph Herald engine with wings.