Re: what trans is this?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: what trans is this?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 12:27:49 EDT
In a message dated 5/12/2002 2:47:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
PeterSchop@aol.com writes:

> I just looked at the VTR web site section on Commission Numbers and Selected
>
> Modifications. According to that, the first TR3B, commission # TSF1 had the
>
> TR4 all synchro gearbox. The last TSF # was 530. Then they changed to TCF1
> which had the TR4 engine.  So my gear box could be the 4-synchro but why is
>
> it 10 40 if they only went up to 530?

I'm not absolutely sure about this, as I no longer have my TR3B (Hi, Brad!).
It was a TCF series commission number and TCF engine, but the TSF code was
continued for the body number and possibly the gearbox as well (never looked
to see what it or the rear axle had for a number).

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
 Triumph Herald engine with wings.