Re: windshield removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: windshield removal
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 17:10:09 EDT
Todd,
whatever you can do to get some juice in there would help (WD40 etc.) prying
open the windshield post clamps a little with a screw driver might help, a
little careful hammer/screw driver tapping at the clamp, etc. Those clamps
kinda rust onto the post under the dash there - junk yards frequently torch
'em - making a rare bracket even more rare. (just try finding a replacement..)
ps; you might put in the bolt from the outside (hidden when door is closed)
and screw it in finger tight and tap downward with hammer while pulling up on
the windscreen - just enough play to get that important 'reverse direction'
thing going.. (although you might need 4 arms to do it!)
Carl
'63 TR4

Subject: windshield removal
I 'm just starting out on the adventure of restoring a triumph and am trying
to remove the windshield to replace the crash pad and look at the wiring.
I have remove all the nuts and bolts but it is still wont move, any hints on
coaxing it out before I break something?
1st of many requests.
Thanks
Todd Boyle, 67TR4A