Re: TR6 purge & vent lines

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Rick Barnard" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 purge & vent lines
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 17:53:47 -0600
Cc: <net@lists.mv.net>
Rick,

You didn't mention if the fuel line fitting on the carbon canister was open
or plugged.  If it's open you could be getting a situation where there's not
enough suction on the lines to the carbs that vent the fuel chambers and
thus getting some flooding from pressure in the fuel chamber if they aren't
being vented properly.  On the other hand if it is plugged then you might be
getting too much suction and interfering with the flow of gas up the jet.
In any case I'd try to restore the lines as designed if you've got the fuel
line hose (with that little restrictor) that goes to the carbon canister.  I
wouldn't worry about the lines to the valve though...since it's a rough idle
problem you're concerned about at this point and those lines only come into
play once the engine shuts down.

I had a friend with a TR6 who was getting 19% CO on the gas analyzer until I
gave him the correct "3-hole" canister.  Once he hooked it all up he got it
down to 4%...low enough to pass the emissions test.  They seemed to have
designed the carbs/needles/emission systems to work together closely so it
might make a difference for you.

Good luck.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)