TR6 purge & vent lines

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 purge & vent lines
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 17:03:28 -0400
Cc: net@lists.mv.net
Hello List,
        My TR6 has the charcoal canister, but the anti run-on valve
is missing.  Of the two lines to the valve, the purge air line is open
to atmosphere, and the manifold vacuum line is plugged.
        Also, the fuel tank vent pipe is open to atmosphere back at
the tank.  All the other lines are as original.
        I am trying to track down a rough idle.  Is it important that
these components be restored to ensure proper engine operation?

        Thanks for any ideas and suggestions,
                Rick in Massachusetts
                1973 TR6  CF2570U