lettering knobs

To: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: lettering knobs
From: "ian.viles" <ian.viles@ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 13:41:24 +0100
Has anybody got a hint for re-lettering the dash switches for a TR6?

Mark,
I have recently done this successfully as follows on choke, heater knobs
etc:
1. Remove knobs & clean with T Cut polish
2. Carefully ink in details with a white 'Gel Pen' - borrowed from my 11
year old daughter. The Gel Pen brand is 'Crayola PRO' and can be bought
individually although the white one came out of a set.
3. Gel Pen is not hard wearing, so I then clear acrilic laquered the knobs.
Regards,
Ian Viles (Derbyshire)
73 TR6