GT-6 Questions

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT-6 Questions
From: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 22:45:05 EDT
I have (2) 1973 GT-6's.

Car "A" I have had for a long time, pretty well sorted out, occasional
autox'r, rear tires sit what I would consider normal.

Car "B" I bought a few years ago and am finally getting around to messing
with it.  Rear of car sits low, negative camber, axles appear to be about 1"
shorter than the ones on car "A." The Leaf spring has some vertical float. I
can grab the leaf spring at the top of the vertical link and move it up and
down about 1/4" . The springs do have the vertical link bushings in place.

I would have thought the shorter axles would have gave it more positive
camber and made the car sit higher, what gives? What would cause the spring
movement? I have not started to take things apart yet but it LOOKS like
everything is in place. I could swap the parts around between cars, since car
be "B" is going to be more of a cruiser and I am thinking the squat and
additional negative camber would help car "A" in an autox.

Comments? Suggestions?
Marty