Re: Viruses

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Spitfire Internet Mail List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Viruses
From: "Rave Racer" <Ravewar@rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 16:03:20 -0400 fep04-mail.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com from [24.156.27.228] using ID <ravewar@rogers.com> at Sun, 5 May 2002 15:53:38 -0400
    Yah, I had 4 in 2 days.  The first 3 were within an hour.  I haven't had
any after that.  One of them even claimed to be an anti viral attachment and
said that if my virus scanner showed it as being infected, to ignore it
because it had some of the same encryption as the virus as part of the
program to recognize it.  How dumb do they think we are?  I assumed it came
from something off of the Audi list.  we've been having some viral problems
with a lister over there, but we can't find who.
    The virus, we've come to learn, uses someone else's address in the from
column so the recipient replies to the wrong person, and the true sender
doesn't receive angry replies.  Basically, the sender never realizes they're
infected unless they're a member of a large list and everyone starts
receiving these all over the place and the entire list is encouraged to
check their machines.  I know it's not me because my Grisoft scanner
functioned perfectly to detect and clean all my attached viruses.

       Rave Racer
'89 Jetta 1.8L 16V GTX
 http://www.vwot.org/members/Pete.html
'87 Audi 4000 Quattro Sedan
 http://www.audifans.com/registry/view.php?action=viewCar&carid=110
'72 Triumph GT6
 http://motorcities.com/contents/01I3H011116682.html
'83 Toyota Tercel (yoda)     Possible future Sandrail donor...  Maybe