Fish Eyes

Subject: Fish Eyes
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 19:08:00 -0400
Today I put POR15 on trouble spots and primered my engine bay. Things went
well except...

Despite my use of DX330, I have some fish eyes appearing. Must not have been
careful enough in applying it. Most of the spots have been on engine parts
and you have to look at hard to see them. I primered and painted the bonnet
hinges and both have some fish eyes. I could live with this. But, the
beginnings of them seem to be appearing in the primer on the engine bay. I
could even live with this, if they were not in the most conspicuous place:
the wheel wells.

So, is there anything I can do to the primered surface to make sure the
darned fish eyes don't appear when I put the top coat on tomorrow? I was
thinking of sanding the trouble spots down, applying some DX330, and
re-primering.

Thanks in advance.

Hugh Fader
72 TR6 (soon to be back together)