Woodgrain TR3A gauge cluster

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Woodgrain TR3A gauge cluster
From: "John Day" <dayj@inac.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 09:11:16 -0400
G'day, List! I've had this question I've been meaning to ask, but (in my usual
fashion), I've procrastinated far too long. Here goes:

In amongst a bunch of spares that came with my parts car 3A a couple years
back, I found a 3A gauge cluster with a simulated woodgrain backing, not the
metal & black 'crackle' finish most cars have. I know there were some
alternates, including a woven pattern, shown in Piggott's Compendium book. The
backing for the 4 gauges looks too 'factory' for me, but does anyone know if
Triumph actually DID offer this? Anyone else out there have one? I's gots ta
know!

Cheers, JD in Ottawa
(where it's rainy, damp, and barely above freezing, and where stamps seem to be
a better hobby choice today!  :-(    )