Z-S Carbs and priming

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Z-S Carbs and priming
From: <bob@bob.mclaughlin.name>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 20:39:32 -0700
I have a 1970 TR6 that I'm trying to start for the first
time in about 2 years.  I've changed fluids, turned the
engine by hand, oiled the dash pots, etc.

Now comes the moment of truth.  I have gasoline at the
carbs, as evidenced by removing the fuel line and cranking
once.  I also have spark as I can "start" the engine with
starting ether, but only till the ether wears off.

Now the question:  Do the carbs need to be primed?  If so,
how is that accomplished?  Could the needles be stuck?  The
carb floats move smoothly....

Any suggestions, o learned ones?

Bob

**soon to be 1970 TR6**