RE: TR3 OD Trans Cable Routing

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 OD Trans Cable Routing
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 20:14:17 -0700
Bill :

On my original OD LHD car, it crosses the engine compartment on the little
shelf in front of the battery (with a clip that fastens it to the shelf),
then curves down along the firewall to the right of the throttle linkage,
heater hose, etc., well away from the exhaust.  It's possible there should
be another clip in this area, but I don't have it.  It continues to curve
underneath the car, coming close to (I think it actually touches, but I'm
not sure offhand) the RH frame rail.  ISTR there's a clip somewhere in this
area that holds it close to the floorboards.  It then curves laterally,
still very near the floorboards, to the rear edge of the handbrake hole.  Up
through the handbrake hole, through the slanted section of the boot, and
onto the transmission.  The exhaust is some 4" below it at that point, not
even close.  I put a sleeve made from split fuel line hose over mine where
it presses against the edge of the handbrake hole.

I think we covered this before, but JIC, the TR2-3 take a much longer speedo
cable when they have OD.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver TS39781LO (sidelined for OD gearbox install)