RE: electric fuel pump

To: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Subject: RE: electric fuel pump
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 15:21:39 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Irv Korey
>There are kits for mounting electric fuel pumps that contain 2 rubber
mounts with threaded studs sticking out of them. Cheap, easy to install,
and does a fine job of quieting the pump..
<

An alternative, if the pump is round, is to use a piece of radiator hose.
Get a piece of steel pipe the same size and weld it to a plate and
mount the plate to the car.  My pump has the inlet and outlet on
opposite ends so I would have to weld the pipe to a piece of angle
and drill a hole for the hose.

But the mounts you describe will probably give better isolation.

Dave