Re: Whitworth

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Whitworth
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 23:15:03 -0000
Hi Folks
Well I said if my memory serves me right! Best of it is, we still use lots
of BSF at work in our fixtures, and I couldn't get the difference right!
(well we've gone metric now but so much of our stuff is still BSF).
As Randall says, the 1/2" BSW will fit the 9/16 BSF and not the 7/16 BSF as
I said. Also the BSW spanners (or wrenches) will fit a lot (or all?) BSP
(British Standard Pipe) fittings, but the size of the spanner will be wildly
different from the nominal size of the fitting.

Graham.