Re: Upholstery

Subject: Re: Upholstery
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 01:10:12 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Seth, welcome to the list !

Seth wrote:
>     How much would it cost to have the seats reupholstered by someone who
> knows what they're doing?

Sorry, no idea.  It will be probably be cheaper if you can find an
upholstery kit for your upholsterer to install, as opposed to having it
custom-made.

> Second, would it be considered a no-no to just drop
> some Mazda Miata seats in it instead?  I've run across some people who told me
> that if everything isn't original, it's not a real Triumph.

There are certainly people who think that.  Personally, I feel it's your
car, it should please you.  If a 100-point restoration right down to the
original defects is what pleases you, then go for it.  But if you're
just looking for a fun car, a few upgrades are in order.  I've thought
about Miata seats for my daily driver a lot, just haven't quite done it
yet.  I believe you'll need to modify the seat frames slightly, not
quite a drop-in.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver