Re: TR6 Carbs

To: Julie <dagills@home.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Carbs
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 10:46:31 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "INTERNET:HCrown280zx@cs.com" <HCrown280zx@cs.com>
Message text written by Julie
>The hole in top of  the rear carb is for the EGR system.  It was not used
until
'74.  Just plug it off.  Your car should run better, as it is a very large
vacuum
leak at the moment.  My '74 has this plugged, as the EGR valve is not on
the
vehicle.
<

Which suggests that the carbs are from a later model car.  The factory
would not machine a port that is not used and, thus, the carbs originally
on the car had no port there.  In fact, my car was one of those transition
cars with both vacuum modules but the advance was not used.  The moduls was
capped off and there was no advance port to connect anyway.  I drilled the
port and connected it.  Of course I now have later model carbs and use the
factory supplied ports (but that is another story).

Dave