Re: STRANGE vibration!

To: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: STRANGE vibration!
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 14:52:30 -0400
Paul:

Judging from your description, I'd say it is not:

A broken crank.  (Really, now!)
A driveshaft imbalance.  This would cause the car to shake violently from
40mph on up.  (Sort of the way I feel emotionally at 70 mph in a Spitfire.
;-)
If it's a misfiring cylinder, this is obviously very easy to check.

Where are you feeling the shake?  In the steering wheel?  If so, double
check the obvious cause first, before you go looking for zebras ... wheel
balance, bearings, steering column bushings, brakes sticking, stuff like
that.  It could be one or all of these things, IMHO.

===
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 (driver)
72 TR6 (weekender)
Arlington, VA

"She's got a carburetor tied to the moon."