RE: Car Buying Ettiquette

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Car Buying Ettiquette
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 17:26:28 -0700
> You should NEVER EVER attempt to purchase a car or look at a car with out
> direct contact with the person who owns the bloody car!

Kai :

I don't blame you for being irritated (and please note, it was _not_ me who
looked at your car).  BUT, if I were buying a car from someone I didn't
know, I would jump at the chance to look at it first without them around.
I'm sure you are scrupulously honest, but not all used car sellers are. (Why
does the phrase "... and his dog Spot" spring to mind ?)  If he isn't there,
he can't do things like move the car just before I get there, to hide the
spot it's marked; or casually lay a hat on the seat to hide the cigarette
burn; or turn the radio up loud when I open the hood; or a dozen other "used
car salesmen" tricks.

"No ma'am, that's just yellow primer."

Randall