tr6 electric fan conversion

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: tr6 electric fan conversion
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 21:29:03 -0400
Cc: "TR List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Peter Zaborski
>However I've noticed one interesting phenomenon. The
indicator light glows dimly when ever I get up to certain speed. Doesn't'
matter which gear I'm in, as long as I'm going a certain speed, the light
glows. The faster I go the brighter it glows. Not as bright as when the fan
is actually turned on, but bright enough to be noticeable. My assumption is
that at a certain speed, the fan turns from the force of the air moving
past
it and acts as a "generator" which in turn makes the light glow. Does this
seem right? If not what else could it be? If it is my theory, is this
normal
behavior for pusher fans? Is it causing any harm?
<

Peter, that is exactly what is going on.  Very intuitive of you.

Cheers, friend

Dave Massey