GT6: Bonnet Louver Info Needed

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6: Bonnet Louver Info Needed
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:23:47 -0400
Triumpherati:

I believe I've located someone with a louver press with which to cut louvers
into the sides of my GT6-3 bonnet.  Now I need some kind soul with a GT6+  to
describe the location and dimensions of the side louvers on that model so I
can attempt to replicate them on my car.  I guess I need to know the number of
louvers, width of each, and a way to determine the forward angle and placement
of the slots.

Incidentally, isn't it curious that Triumph began with louvers on the top rear
of the GT6 bonnet, then added them to the sides as well for the GT6+ to
further enhance cooling, but removed them all together for the GT6-3?  Go
figure.  (I know there was some concern that the top louvers made the bonnet
too weak, but I wish they'd left in the side vents for the GT-3.)

Also, is there any reason why side louvers, properly placed and sized, would
not work without also having top side louvers in the bonnet?  (Don't see why
... LeMans cars had this configuration.)
===
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 (driver)
72 TR6 (weekender)