re:wire wheels

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re:wire wheels
From: "Bob Rochlin" <rochlin@massed.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:04:52 -0400
Darrell,
    My own experience in getting wires for my TR 6 this winter was as
follows:
    I used anti sieze compund on the splines and kept the cone surfaces dry
(as recommended by many on the list).
    Get your tires mounted by someone who is recommended by your friendly
Brit mechanic or a friend who has had wires mounted by a particular shop.  I
had my wires balanced twice because the first shop who assured me that they
knew how to balance wires didn't.
    I had trouble getting the wires tight on the splines using a wooden wire
wrench.  I solved that problem by getting a good 2 lb lead hammer.  The
knock offs thighten snug and the hammer dose't leave any marks on the chrome
ears.
Hope this helpful.
 Bob Rochlin
72' TR 6
Ain't noth'en faster then a borrowed car...