Re: TR6 - Felt, anti-rattle ??

To: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 - Felt, anti-rattle ??
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:11:46 -0400
Bud:

You know, I've never seen the TR6 tank up close, but when I was renovating a
Spitfire and its tank, I did replace the felt strips, and it definitely
quieted down the interior fuel sender.  The strips dampen vibration
throughout the tank.  I can't think of a reason not to replace them.  As I
recall, I used a general trim spray adhesive, and put two or three strips
evenly spaced along the length of the tank.

===
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 (driver)
72 TR6 (weekender)
Arlington, VA

"I think we all agree, the past is over."  - George W. Bush