Re: Backyard visitors

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Backyard visitors
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 00:10:35 +0100
I don't have a backyard and I'm more than relieved I don't live near
Joe Curry if rattlesnakes are such frequent callers!
Last week, Canley Girl and I were making our noble progress to work
down a narrow country lane on the outskirts of a village when we
jointly encountered a fox sitting in the middle of the road with its
back towards us. Didn't move and this was the first time I used the
rebuilt servo and calipers in anger. CG stopped on a sixpence and the
fox just sat there - one ear twitching in response to CG's unsilenced
intakes. Presently, three cubs, probably no more than 8 weeks old came
gambolling out of the grass verge, trotted across the road and
vanished into the undergrowth on the other side.
"The School Crossing Patrol" stayed resolutely seated in the middle of
the road and only ran off when the last cub had disappeared from view.
I wish every day could start like that but in the meantime I'm happy
to go along with a 17 mile 'blart' in a 31 year old car. That DOES
bring a smile to the face - specially when there's a performance
tangle with some Gucci suited headcase in a BMW who tries to
overtake - and can't.

Jonmac
MG 4305 DLO 1970 2.5PI
"Fools rush in - and grab all the best seats"