Herald Progress

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Herald Progress
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 02:05:32 -0400
Well, I am actually getting somewhere...Still planning to drive to Rhinebeck
in the Triumph in August...

The chassis has been completely POR-15'd, and reassembly has begun! The front
suspension towers have been reattached, as well as the center body section.
All the new (Canley) brake lines have been pre-bent, and removed for the paint
work, after which they will be installed. The center section is about 90%
POR-15'd, with the exception of the exterior windshield frame area.

On the main body, I am still cleaning and repairing! The underside is about
98% cleaned, and will be POR-15'd shortly. Tonight I took about an hour and
removed the driver's side "B" post for replacement. Actually was pretty easy.
I have a brandly new one from Canley. Unfortunately the right hand side one is
NLA from everyone I've asked. Otherwise, I'd replace both, as it makes it very
easy to clean the interior sections of the body...Once the welding is
done(hopefully Monday Night) I will do the underside POR-15ing, and mount the
body to the frame, and then POR-15 the entire floor area and boot floor. I am
trying to make the floor as rust proof as possible.

It is coming together- I have the suspension ready to install(front and rear),
have all my necessary parts(other than rubber bumpers and mirrors) and the
interior from Canley just arrived. Save for the upper dash mill board being
RHD ISO LHD, and the same for the insulation retainer millboard, everything is
100%. Very nice carpet, though I am still trying to find out if the material
is right. Door panels and seat covers are GREAT! All came from Newton via
Canley, and the price including carpet was still less than Rimmers, though
shipping was outrageous!

Once paint is finished on the car, I estimate about two days to reassemble,
and two more to troubleshoot any snags, although I am not anticipating too
many. I will probably tear the engine apart quickly to check condition...Runs
ok, but I feel better safe than sorry(Why fix it if it ain't broke Vs I
shoulda done it when the engine was out!)

Scott

64 Herald/Sports 1200 convertible