Reuse fuel sender

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Reuse fuel sender
From: "Don Spence" <dspence@oanet.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:32:27 -0600
This is a diagnostic and repair technique my dad taught me many years ago
with leaky carb floats on a 51 olds.

Boil up a pot of water and remove from the stove. (Like take it outside,
this is gasoline we're dealing with!)
Immerse the float and watch for escaping bubbles. Turn the float around in
several directions as if the hole is pointing down, gas not air will escape.
(This is good but the next step.)
Mark the hole (Circle with a pencil)
Let the float cool and re-immerse with the hole down. (Gravity will cover
the inside of the hole with fuel and the expanding air inside the float will
force the gas out.)
Repeat this part as many times as necessary to force all gas out.
Seal the hole.

Good luck
Don