Re: TR-6 Seat Belts

To: "Roger Ryan" <rgryan2@excite.com>, "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>, "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR-6 Seat Belts
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 20:09:12 -0500
>On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:20:22 -0400, Patrick Bitton wrote:
>>  I have been searching for seat belts for the longest time.
>
>  At the last show I was at a fellow had some that he got from Vicky Brit.
>They looked very good installed in a TR6.
>
>   Roger Ryan
>   62 TR4

Not a stickler for originality in seat belts, I have four belts that match
each other, but probably not original equipment.  Then again, I don't think
the 1962 TR4 came with seat belts.  Were they an option?

My belts are the garden-variety black lap belts you get at the car-parts
store.  Two of them were on the car when I bought it in Texas last year, and
I just bought the other two at Pep Boys.  This western-I-guess chain has
opened one store in my area.

"Kids haven't lost the feeling that the sense of wonder is more important
than wondering what makes sense.  And if that doesn't define what it takes
to like British cars, I don't know what does." -Scott Fisher