TR6 Aluminum Brake Drums

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Aluminum Brake Drums
From: tr6nut@telocity.com
Date: 24 Jul 2001 10:33:16 -0700
Listers,

I have been modifying my TR6's braking system.  I noticed that Autospecialty
(aftermarket arm of TRW, Inc) had a listing for a part EBD-044R "Aluminum
replacement drum for Triumph TR6"  I emailed TRW, and got this reply:

Hello Hugh,
The EBD-044R is the 240Z drum(JBD-102) machined to fit the TR6 backing plate.
Yes it has the fins and yes we have this in stock. The OEM style cast iron drum
is no longer in production.

Thank you for your interest in our products,

Ken Unger
ken.unger@trw.com

TRW  Automotive
Autospecialty Undercar Products

World Discount Auto Parts (www.wdautoparts.com) has these listed at $70.85
each, so if you are considering doing this mod, this may be more cost effective
than acquiring 240Z drums and paying to machine them to fit.

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6