RE: Painting inside a frame teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f6N5bEx04382

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Painting inside a frame teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f6N5bEx04382
From: Michael Grey <msgrey@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 22:36:45 -0700
Sealed Air Corporation manufactures the 'Instapak. Foam Packaging Systems'.
These machines are mainly used for custom packaging applications. The
system produces polyurethane foam from two-part resin which is mixed at the
injection nozzle, heated and under pressure (from a 2hp compressor). I
acquired one of these machines from a company that went chpt 7. Never
occurred to me to used it to fill in frame voids and other structure
members on my TR6 restoration. Not sure how long or at what temp
polyurethane foam starts to decompose but I'll check this out from the
factory. Thanks for the great idea.