Re: TR3 Gearbox Lube

To: Jerry Goulet <jerrann@telus.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Gearbox Lube
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 20:54:29 -0400
I've seen GL4 at several stores. Sears Hardware and Pep Boys both carry it.
Several other Listers use Redline synthetic. Some of us who have OD
gearboxes use 50 wt Havoline racing oil (motor oil). Then again, there's
Ronnie Babbitt's web site with recent survey results of what some of us use.
Check it out at...

http://www.west-plumbing.com/baog
click on overdrive oil data.

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O
I was worried that my mechanic might try to rip me off, but was relieved
when he told me all I needed was turn-signal fluid.  :^)