TR4 safely home, still broken

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 safely home, still broken
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:56:47 -0600
Cc: Chris Eck <GreenBugeye@aol.com>, Pam Newell <pamnewell@yahoo.com>
In case any of you were worried about my car, or hoped to snatch
an abandoned TR4 from a Starbucks parking lot in a SE suburb of
Denver -- here's a quick update:

I've received great advice AFA troubleshooting the apparent trouble
with the front carb, but in the end I didn't try to overhaul the carbs
in the Starbucks parking lot despite an fresh supply of $3 coffee.
However I did tow it to my house, not to my mechanic, so I guess I'm
committed to fixing it now -- AAA gives one tow per breakdown. <g>
I have a carb rebuild kit or two in the boot, so I'm planning a Weekend
Carb Blowout Party!!! Hope you all can make it. No beer till the car
runs right. <g>

Actually my boys really enjoyed watching and talking to the tow truck
driver -- a real nice guy who said "I haul more Audi's than anything
else," sorry Chris -- while he unloaded from the flatbed. The entire
evening the boys kept talking about fixing the carb, dug out their
toy tools, and they didn't want to go to bed. "But we haven't fixed the
carb yet." Wish they both were ten years older.

Thanks to Bob, Carl, Chris, Don, Doug, Ed, Eric, Greg, and Phil for
comments that were either technically useful or humorous -- which
is useful too when your 40 year old car is broken and every day is
sunny.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO