RE: installing wiring harness in a TR4A?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: installing wiring harness in a TR4A?
From: <britauto@ihpc.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 23:23:55 -0700
Cc: <dspence@oanet.com>
When I did my TR250 I first put the bulkhead grommet on the front
harness...start by sliding it over the light/horn wires.  I used a snap ring
pliers to stretch the grommet to get it up the harness.  I then layed the
harness in the engine compartment...all the wires lay where they should go.
I then ran the back harness along the drivers side.... it splits and one
path goes along top of the left fender...the other path goes above the gas
tank and then along the top of the right fender. ...kinda hard to explain
where but as long as the tabs that hold the wires up aren't broken you
should be able to see where the harness goes.  The Bentley book has a good
picture of where the harness runs in body.  A little patience is all that's
needed.

Good Luck!
Bruce