Part needed (Hub)

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Part needed (Hub)
From: "Evans, Mark" <Mark.Evans@Anheuser-Busch.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:24:01 -0500
Does anybody have a used front hub with long studs they would like to sell (or
trade)? This would be for a TR4A. I believe any TR4A-TR6 will work - maybe even
TR3 or TR4 but I don't know.

I recently wrote about spun lugs and asked how to fix. Peening and loctite
didn't work for me. I spun two when I put the wheel on. I had to drill out the
spinning lugs to get the wheel off. This was surprisingly easy with a heavy duty
drill motor and DeWalt Cobalt bits. It took less than 30 minutes to do both. I
just had to make sure I punched the center of the lug before I started so I
wouldn't damage the wheel.

However, this exercise did convince me to replace instead of fix. I'm grounded
until I find a hub :(

TIA

Mark A. Evans

1966 TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO 'Tressy'