Re: rough, now abandoned

To: "Steven Newell" <steven@cravetechnology.com>, "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rough, now abandoned
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:07:46 -0700
Steven,
Here's my guess, for what it's worth; you didn't say what you got out of the
fuel sediment bowl, but that is a likely cause of getting stuck on the side
of the road.  Make sure you clean the screen out as well.  You can cut a new
gasket to solve the sealing problem.  If you don't have any cork gasket
material, you can use cardboard, like from a cereal box. Just be careful to
trim the outside edge carefully.  If you have a gas filter, replace or clean
that as well. If you don't, get one ;-)  The glass in-line ones work well
between the fuel pump and the carbs.

The shut off valve is handy.  Before I installed one, I would clamp the
rubber fuel line with a hemostat - the medical equivalent to a vicegrip.
You can also disconnect the hose and screw an appropriate size bolt into the
end of it.

The difference in the plugs is probably a different problem and due to one
of the carbs not being set right.  I still have this problem with mine - if
I get stuck in traffic and at idle for any length of time, 2 plugs foul. If
it isn't too bad, they will clean themselves once I get to higher revs,
otherwise I have to pull over and throw in new plugs - I always carry an
extra set.

JMHO, hope it's helpful.
Bob